Thursday, September 02, 2010

Post 443

I really think I need to get back into daily sketching mode. Just got back from work a bit ago. We had meetings until late, but it's great working in a group of professionals whose personalities compliment my own. When you're all there for the student needs before your own, you know you've found a special group of educators.

Part of my inconsistency lately has been using the right paper, and unfortunately my standards just haven't been passing the test. But the copy paper at school is just what I've been needing oddly enough. It's got a great balance for pencil sketching, which I'm finding to be my strong suit. As much as I like inking, I've been feeling a bit inadequate, or at least unsure of myself. I think my best work comes from stream of consciousness drawing like this.

No comments: