Thursday, August 07, 2008

Post 187=MURDER!!!!



I listen to a lot of music while I'm on the computer. It gives a soundtrack to what I'm working on. I came to the realization that I no longer enjoy the new N.E.R.D. CD Seeing Sounds. I loved their debut album, and even Neptunes Present, but I am saddened by how trite this new album actually is. I'm all about compelling beats, but the honesty of their music that I loved has been replaced with a "hipper than thou" attitude. Granted, it always lingered there, but it has moved to the forefront where the music disappears. Everyone Nose bothers me a lot, and when I heard Windows, it just became a pattern or word repetition. I'll stick with In Search Of, an album which has actually stood up over years of playing it while painting in college. Thankfully there are bands like Electric Six, which is my fail-safe band for Art-ing to music.

Anyway, went out to get a blizzard at Dairy Queen and the steering column screwed up, so that was lame. Cars in the Texas heat have the need to screw up during summer.

Well, a couple days till more Rick Dangerous, I might have some more sketches to put up, so keep checking here for more stuff!

No comments: