Thursday, March 06, 2008

Post 103


Guyver was one of my first exposures to anime back in the early 90's, but it left a lasting impression. Even though I consider myself more into American comics, I enjoy comics from everywhere, I enjoy the medium itself more than anything.

I've met a lot of people in recent times that are JUST into manga, or JUST into a certain genre. It's great to like certain things, but I feel it's important to give other things a try. My brother and I have this defense mechanism where if people are talking a lot about something and saying it's the best ever, we don't believe them initially and then maybe a year later we'll look at what they're talking about and sometimes we'll enjoy it, sometimes we won't. He didn't listen to Alice in Chains until a few years ago. I was playing some of their music in the car I think, and he actually liked it I think a lot of people are this way nowadays, they put up this barrier. I think you have to find a way to knock it down without crushing their ability to enjoy whatever it is you're showing them.

It's important to give new things a chance. But yeah, Guyver's stuck around with me for many a year. I wish they'd translate all the other volmes of the comic, but it's doubtful they ever will.

1 comment:

Joseph Joestar said...

Hey boyeee,

I never saw this piece before. Awesome!

You should do a new one with Aptom and his dolphin teeth. Give him sunglasses too like P. Diddy. That would be metal.