Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Post 340


My goodness, will this week EVER END?!?!?!

I'll tell you, the toughest thing about breaking into comics is the wait. You wait and wait...and wait some more for things to come out. You line up other projects, and finish them, and then you wait. You're only as good as your last project, and when you're still waiting for your last project to come out, you don't have that to even utilize as momentum. For that reason, the internet is fantastic...keeping momentum going. Granted, it won't give you that fantastic push that a book dropping will, but at least it's dependable on the date...because YOU control it.

I love holding copies of my work, but by the time I do, it's out of date! I've refined my style. It's like sending Photoshop 7 for publishing, and by the time it comes out you're ready to release CS7. I'll tell you, at least my recent projects are things I can still be proud of! In a lot of my previously printed work, it took an insane number of months for them to get printed, so by that time I'd changed my style a billion times.

At least I've found constants in my style, so that you're not seeing me go all over the map from project to project. But the improvement is definitely noticeable.

1 comment:

Craig Zablo said...

This week HAS dragged... and it's only Wednesday. This time of year gets crazy...

Love the new work you've been posting.