Thursday, April 23, 2009

Post 341


Well, I've never done any oil painting before...I mean NEVER! In college, we had to take a lot of theory classes, art history, but in terms of studio, we got jipped! I loved watercolor, glad I chose it since I could only choose one painting discipline, but never got the opportunity to work with oils.

So I bought some Holbein water soluble oil paints...because I don't like dealing with turpentine, and I had a mat sitting around that a student had messed up on, so I started painting on it...I DON'T KNOW WHY I HELD BACK SO LONG!!! It's so amazingly fun...now I need to do the epic Velvet Elvis painting I've been waiting so long to do!

2 comments:

Jake Ekiss said...

Yeah dude, oils are liquid sex. I don't use them simply because they aren't cost effective, but damn, they are sick.

Brent said...

HOLY CRAP!!!! that is freaking amazing. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!