Friday, August 29, 2008

Post 198


I was drawing in a new sketchbook, I keep ones all over the place, but I was taking it for a test drive. I'm used to strathmore 300 70# at this point, but this pad is different, it doesn't take to ink in a normal way. The ink resides on top of the page for extended periods of time. I then tried some gray tones on it...nothing went through the page....I don't know if it's been treated differently, but in some ways it's good, in others not so much. Maybe I just need to carry it around with me and beat it up a while longer. Don't get me wrong, I love the results of the page. The blacks are SUPER black, none of the natural fade that occurs with ink seeping into the paper.

Just odd...when you think you know everything about a paper, the manufacturer throws you a curveball.

No comments: